Classes, Workshops, and Raku
We offer a variety of classes and workshops for ages 8 and up, and all experience levels are welcome.
Our instructors come from diverse backgrounds and offer students a range of approaches to the
creative ceramic process. We offer instruction primarily in throwing and handbuilding, but occasionally we
will have special class sessions be able to offer you other types of art classes such as mosaics, watercolor, and printmaking.
See our current Schedule of Classes
Most classes are either hand-building or wheel throwing. Our classroom is equipped with 10 wheels of varying designs, a Northstar Slab Roller, a wall-mounted extruder, large canvas-covered tables, bats, ware boards, miscellaneous tools, and plenty of shelf space to store class work. Normal classes meet once a week for 6 weeks and allow you to work in the studio anytime we are open for 8 weeks.
- Class & materials fees for our clay classes include a 25 lb bag of clay (unless otherwise noted), shop glazes and slips, all bisque and glaze firings.
- Open studio hours (Tues-Fri 11am- 6pm, Thursdays open till 9, and Sat 9am-5pm).
- New students receive a complimentary pottery tool kit with their first ceramics class.
We offer a variety of workshops for all ages (including kids). All experience levels are welcome. Most of our workshops are held on the weekend, lasting anywhere from a couple of hours two days. Our instructors come from diverse backgrounds and offer students a range of approaches to the creative process.
- Our instructors come from diverse backgrounds and offer students a range of approaches to the creative process.
- Workshops give students an affordable opportunity to learn new skills in a short weekend session.
- We offer workshops in throwing and
handbuilding, finishing techniques, watercolor, drawing, welding, mosaics,
polymer clay, and Precious Metal Clay (PMC).
All ages and experience levels are welcome to participate in this event. This could be fun for the family, kids love the Raku process; or it could be a great “date night” event. The immediacy of Raku firings allow you to take home a beautiful piece of pottery for your home that night, but these decorative pieces are not food safe.
- Take home a beautiful piece of art to decorate your
home that you helped create!
We offer a variety of kids classes and workshops for kids of all ages, beginners are welcome. Kid’s classes are generally one day sessions, with specific projects that will be finished during class and available for pickup two weeks later.
- Our instructors come from diverse backgrounds
and offer students a range of approaches to the creative ceramic process.
- We offer instruction primarily in handbuilding and throwing (wheel work is limited to children ages 12 and up).
- Materials fees are included in the class fees unless otherwise indicated.